Book Title: The Child with Autism at Home and in the Community: Over 600 Must-Have Tips for Making Home Life and Outings Easier for Everyone!
Publisher: Future Horizons
Author: Kathy Labosh
- 1001 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism or Asperger's, Revised and Expanded 2nd Edition
- Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew: Updated and Expanded Edition
- Behavior Solutions for the Inclusive Classroom: A Handy Reference Guide that Explains Behaviors Associated with Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, and other Special Needs
- Thinking Person's Guide To Autism
- 101 Games and Activities for Children With Autism, Asperger’s and Sensory Processing Disorders
- No More Meltdowns: Positive Strategies for Managing and Preventing Out-Of-Control Behavior
- An Early Start for Your Child with Autism: Using Everyday Activities to Help Kids Connect, Communicate, and Learn
- Autism Every Day: Over 150 Strategies Lived and Learned by a Professional Autism Consultant with 3 Sons on the Spectrum
- Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism
- The Social Skills Picture Book Teaching play, emotion, and communication to children with autism
This book epitomizes the value of the phrase "been there, done that!" In this amazingly helpful guide for family members, friends, and professionals, author and mom Kathy Labosh and special-educator LaNita Miller take on the issues and obstacles that parents and educators face every day.
Hundreds of easy-to-read bullet points provide tips that readers can put into action immediately. First they cleverly tackle home life, from breakfast to bedtime, and then they take readers on a trip through the community, offering essential dos and don’ts for going to restaurants, church, the doctor’s, the grocery store, family gatherings, and more! With Kathy and LaNita’s insight and advice, you can be better prepared for the unique challenges autism throws your way!